Sunday, March 23, 2014

Sunday 03.23.2014

What a great day today!!

Dozed another spell this morning, was surprised that it was 0900 when I looked at the clock. Gotta get up, might get to Skype with Matilda this morning!

I was washing up when I received a text--Yup, they're ready to Skype. I finished up, dressed, turned on the computer.

They called me, and I answered, correctly this time, selecting the video icon instead of the handset.

The first image that came through was Matilda intently watching the computer screen.  When she saw my face, she brightened, smiled, and said "A Ma"   (short "a" sound, and ma)  What a grin I got!!!

She chattered, ran around the room, picked up her favorite toys, brought them over, took off again.

She blew me kisses on her own, quite a few times during our "visit".   And she'd be across the room, check to see if I was still there, and wave at me. Of course, I'd wave back. And she'd smile.

How neat is this technology, anyway??

After that lovely start to my morning, the side of my face went numb, like it does when a migraine starts.  Hmmm.  Yup, pain at the base of the skull on the right side, tightness down to the scapula, and the sudden stuffy or congested feeling I get in my sinuses.

Time for medicine.

Tylenol, Motrin, and a little codeine.

About 20  minutes later the numbness was fading, and an hour later the pain was mostly gone. I still had residual soreness, and wasn't 100%, but was good enough to have a good day.

The sun was beautiful. I went out for groceries. The air was cold, mid 20's, but the sun was warm.  Spring is going to happen.

I did some food prep this afternoon for the work week, cleaned up the kitchen, did the laundry, had a snack.
Finished some computer stuff and had a quiet night.

Tomorrow is a meeting in the morning, and work the rest of the day.

My neck/upper back is tight and sore, and I think the migraine spasm is done. A little leftover soreness in the brain, too, on the right side.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment