Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday 02.04.2014 Shoveling....

After it warmed up to the high teens, I bundled up and went out to tackle the driveway.

There was a lot more snow out there than I thought.

I decided to start at the bottom today. I had gotten the driveway opened from the road and was maybe 15 to 20 feet up the driveway when the plows went by. First one, then another behind it, getting a little closer. The icy chunks of course were thrown up into where I had just shoveled for an hour. *sigh*

And my snow shovel was not going to move that stuff.  I trudged back up to the garage and got a dirt shovel (spade?) and got to work. Seemed like another hour later and that stuff was moved.

Now I went up to the garage and started down. Maybe I'll just get here close to the garage and call The Guy to come plow.  Ugh, $40.  But worth it.

I didn't have anything pressing to do today, and I stayed at it. I got the top piece done.  I carved a line across the driveway and made another couple of sections. Whew. Time for a break.

I went in and had a bite to eat, some water, and tylenol and motrin. I had already been out there 2 hours doing this...

One shovel at a time. I alternated between the two shovels, as the chunks of the crust of snow didn't stay on the shovel to pick it up high enough to get over the mound. Using the spade took smaller bites, but I could lift it and throw it. Bit by bit.

I finally got done. 4 hours. Might shoulda called The Guy.


But I got it done.

A hot shower and bowl of homemade broccoli soup, another tylenol, and a quiet night.

Tomorrow is a massage.

I hope I can lift my arms to hold on to the steering wheel to get there.....

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. good thing you did that 'cause you get to do it all over again this morning!
    -B-

    ReplyDelete