Thursday, February 20, 2014

Thursday 02.20.2014

What a day....

Giant snow chunks falling from the sky, accumulating to approximately 2 inches. Lightening, thunder, snow changed to icy rain, then just rain.

I was surprised when I heard the neighbor plowing. Huh???  I looked in my driveway. Ewww.

Didn't know if I wanted to shovel it or if it was ice or just what it was, and let it freeze bumpy that way.  After some consideration, I decided to go outdoors and check it out.

My driveway was covered in 2-3 inches of slush.  I love playing in slush!!

But do I want to let it freeze like that??

I got the shovel to see what it was about.  Eww.  Oh.  I'm going to move this stuff.

I ended up pushing most of it down the driveway out into the road. It was way to heavy to pick up and heave over the shoulder high snow piles.

And I'm glad I did.

When I got beside the house, there is an area of the driveway that's lower, and the puddle was about 5 inches deep, over half of the width. As I moved the slush on down, the water streamed down to the road.  It was kind of fun creating the streams. It took me about an hour and a half to clear the stuff.  I was thinking it would be nice if someone was inside making the chili that was on tonight's dinner plan.

It rained the whole time I was out, sometimes harder, sometimes not. And I shoved the water out of the depression several times. When the lightening zapped and thunder clapped, it was time to go in. I think we are all "in for it" when this snow melts. The ground is so frozen and there is nowhere for the water to go.

The back room smells wet, the ceiling drywall feels really damp. The back door is still hard to open and close.

I got in and removed my wet outer wear, half-wet socks, changed clothes, and started the chili.

It was yummy.

A quiet night with a lightening and thunder every once in a while.

Very strange weather.

Stay safe.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment