Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday 02.22.2014

A wonderful morning--

Up and ready for work. Out to the garage (through the front door of the house)--the car doesn't start. It tries to turn over, but nope. Ugh.  I got the charger/starter thing and hooked it up. The car started right away....

It felt like a comedy, slipping around on the icy garage floor. Yeah, it was treacherous in there.

I backed into the parking space in case I needed a jump this evening.

A pretty good workday, then out to the car.

Big breath.....

Vroom!!  Started right up. Hm.

Off to Auto Zone, where I purchased this battery 12/28/2012.  Yep, 14 months ago.
however, doesn't have any warranty, because it is the replacement to the original. I don't expect it to fail.

The back door is still swollen/stuck shut, and I haven't
The nice guy, Ben, put the meter on the battery, and it showed that it was "good", but needed charged. He was surprised when he saw that. We talked about options and I chose to put a new battery in, put the meter on, and see if it showed that the starter was having a problem.

Alternator ok, starter ok.  New battery installed, car about jumped when I turned the key. I hope it was just a quirky battery in the first place. Time will tell.  This diagnostic work and battery exchange was all without cost to me, as the battery had a 2 year warranty. The new one,  looked too closely at anything else. I'm sure glad I moved the slush off of my driveway--my co-workers were saying how awful their driveways and other roads are that did not get the slush removed.

Tomorrow is a work day, and my head keeps falling over.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment