Saturday, February 8, 2014

Saturday 02.08.2014

A much waited for and needed massage today.  Not only were my muscles tight and sore, she moved a lot of lymph fluid.

So thankful to have a great therapist....

Back at home, I checked the back room.  The water marks are spreading, but don't see anything dripping at the moment.  Looking through the window of the back door, it looks like the ice might be less on the storm door window. Hmm.  I tried the back door.  I had to pull quite hard, but I got it open. Yay! I got the large bowl that I've been using to collect the chunks of ice, and broke off what I could.  I even got the storm door open!!  Double Yay!!

The inside door/frame/jamb is swollen so it's difficult to get closed, but I got it. I feel somewhat better that it's open, at least for the afternoon.

I went out for the eye appointment, then stopped for groceries.  I was able to enter the house from the back door, too.

There was a little water running down in two places from the ceiling to the floor; the towel is strategically placed and not very wet.

Tonight, the water along the seams of the drywall on the ceiling is 2-3 inches wide, extending further, and will probably be dripping if more melting occurs tomorrow. The water bubble in the paint are growing and extending along the top of the wall, too. The inside door has frozen shut again and the storm door window is glazed. I'm kind of surprised, as I didn't see any dripping when I looked earlier.

Tomorrow I'll finish moving things around out there and communicate with the property manager again. She did not respond to my first voice mail, and I'd like to keep her apprised of the situation. I hope they have insurance on the structure. I have a Renter's Policy to protect my things, though I don't anticipate any damage to my stuff.

Time will tell.

Hope all is well in everyone's abodes.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment