Monday, February 10, 2014

Monday 02.10.2014

Ohmygosh. What a busy day.  And it started out with a full unit, and me the only one in my job role.  The
"on call" person was called in, and she did a lot. Then the girl who was covering me for a meeting came in and said she could stay most of the day.  Thanks, Christine and Joyce!!  You saved me today!  Of course, all of my other co-workers are great, too.  We have an awesome team!  

And tomorrow we get to do it again!!

Back at home, I see that the back roof has been shoveled off. And NOT onto the driveway. He also removed some from the main part of the roof.  I'm hoping it makes a difference--there's certainly less to melt.

Inside--ohmygosh.  I don't know what he did up there, but it smelled hot, like a soldering iron or something. I was worried that there is a wire or something, but as the evening went on, the odor lessened. The towels were all saturated, with puddles beyond them. So I scooped them up and added them to the previous ones in the washer, mopping up the floor, knocking the ice off of the inside of the bottom of the door, up the sides, and the bottom hinge that was covered in ice. So strange, how that water goes. The towel that was next to the door was saturated, and frozen on the side closest to the door. That's a lot of cold air...

Another seven towels down for tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment