Monday, January 6, 2014

Monday 01.06.2014

Yup, missed posting last night.

After I had written Saturday night, my tummy started feeling "not-so-good".

And I had several hours of "sudden intestinal decompression".

That left me "wiped out" -- pun intended.

I ended up sleeping most of the day Sunday, as well as all of Sunday night and most of the day Sunday. Frank came over sometime Sunday afternoon and shoveled the 10 or so inches of snow out of the driveway.

Which was great.

But you sure couldn't tell this morning that it had been shoveled.

I was real shaky feeling, and knew that I couldn't get out of the garage, and that I could probably get a ride in to the hospital if I could walk to the main road.  There was no way I was going to be able to do that, the way I was feeling.

I called in to work about 0330.

And looked out the window.

Wow!!  That's a lot of snow!!

And it was blowing.

Who cares--a drink of water and back to bed for me.

I finally got up around 9 I think.

Feeling somewhat better.

And hungry.

A half of a banana, and rumble rumble.

But everything seemed to be ok, and I have been able to eat some throughout the day.

I even bundled up and went out to inspect the end of the driveway after the plow had gone by, thinking I would maybe just open that up...

Uh, no.

First, I had to push the snow with the door just to get out.

Shoveled off the porch, and realized the snow was up to the porch--I had to dig with the shovel to find the steps. This is not good.

No way can I shovel all of this.

I got a path to the garage and went in to warm up my hands. Geesh--   -2 is pretty cold...

I walked--trudged, rather-- to the end of the driveway, through a couple of drifts all the way across the driveway that were at least 3 1/2 feet deep, and pretty wide. No way can I shovel this.

And the snowplow stuff was another foot or so on top of all of it.

As I went back up the driveway I was thinking of who I could call, and also, marveling at how beautiful all this snow is.

I made a couple of calls, received a commitment from a friend, and left a message with the lawn service that I use. They were both busy, but whoever could get to it first had the job, and I told them both that.

The lawn service guy called a few hours later, saying he was on the way to my area, and did I still need him. YES!!  And he arrived about 8 ish. 20 minutes later the driveway is open and those drifts are cut through. Amazing!  Thank you JMS!!

Of course I had called the other person and thanked them, so that they didn't come out, too. There are many more driveways that need done.

I love having the layer of snow on the roof.  My house is staying much warmer, and I've actually turned the thermostat down several degrees. Even with sub-zero temperatures and wind.

Tomorrow I'll have to work.

My gut is much better, and even though it's rumbled, there's been no liquid with it.

I'm ready to go back to sleep.

Stay warm, shovel safely.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. glad you feel better sis. i had the same thing, uck!
    T.

    ReplyDelete