Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday 01.03.2014

I started out this morning "on call".   Then got the phone call to come in and float.  Then another that I could stay home.  And at 0620--ring ring--you need to come in, there was a call-in upstairs and they'll need you after all.....

So I finished getting ready and went in.

I had a nice day with an elderly gentleman who had gotten suddenly confused. All tests had been negative. He was "restless" in the bed, and had been falling. My job was to keep him safe and on the bed. He was easily re-directed, and I didn't have any problems with him. I just jumped up from the chair frequently to re-direct.

When he was lucid he was a great joke teller. And he frequently would put his hand out, either picking "something" up or giving me "something", usually some kind of tool. And then he'd fall asleep. So odd how the brain does.

Tomorrow I have errands.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment