Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Tuesday 12.31.2013 Year End

Another great day!

After breakfast, I peeled and cut up the sweet potatoes I had planned to roast for our meal today.  I was expecting Frank and Danielle, and we were going to have our "Christmas",  exchange gifts and eat.

I had finished, cleaned the kitchen, and was going to sit for a minute, when they came in.  I was surprised--he had worked last night, and I didn't think they would be over until later in the afternoon.

Frank still wasn't feeling well--dry cough, and I noticed he had chills off and on.

I put the potatoes in the oven, we visited and opened gifts. It was a nice afternoon.

After eating, I got the thermometer.  Frank's temperature was 102.2.  Uh huh.

We talked about options, and he decided he'd go to the urgent care center when they were ready to leave.

I got a text message a few hours later--throat good, lungs good, gave him ibuprofen and sent him on his way. "Since I've been sick longer than 48 hours, there's nothing they can give me."  

Huh??

I called him.

Soooo, they can't do anything because you've been sick longer than 48 hours?  Did they mention the flu??

Oh, yeah, said I had the flu. Can't do anything for it.

Talkative guy, he wasn't.

I didn't keep him on the phone, seeing as how he wasn't feeling well and all. I'm happy he went and got checked out.  Yucky that he's got IT.  Couple of weeks he'll be feeling better.

I've had a flu shot (mandatory for the J.O.B.), but who knows if it's the same strain??  Hope I don't get sick.

I went out and shoveled the inch or so of snow we had gotten throughout the day. Temp in the mid 'teens, but the wind has quieted some.

Tomorrow is a work day.

Happy New Year.

May 2014 be filled with peace and well-being.

Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment