Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sunday 09.01.2013

What a nice day today!

Cleaned the glass on the car, and applied the Rain X product. Sure like that stuff.

Sat outdoors and read; so peaceful in this neighborhood (mostly).  Watching and listening to the birds, though I'd much rather be watching The Lake.  I'm thankful that I'm here and able to watch anything at all!!

Frank and Danielle came over--we went out for food--then came back to the house for a bit. When they left, I went out to pick up Matilda's First Birthday (already!!) card and gift. Time flies!

A quiet night, other than the fireworks occasionally popping off in the 'hood, and maybe the rumble of thunder.

Tomorrow is my holiday to work, and I got the draw of the 3-11pm shift. Not bad, unless the next day is a work day, too, starting at 0630, which it is. We'll see how it plays out.

My maternal grandfather participated in the Sit Down Strike in Flint, MI way back in the 1930's?  for better working conditions and 8 hour shifts.  Seems odd, doesn't it, that so many people still have a longer work day?!

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment