Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Wednesday 08.07.2013

A pretty good day today.

Rained all morning, with thunder and lightning. Stretched at home, instead of going out for a run.

Phone continuously rebooted itself this morning even after the battery was out all night. Spent a lot of time on the internet looking at options before going to the Verizon store.

Where the nice guy Andrew looked at it.

First off, the battery is in need of replacing. $40-50 to order one from there. After playing with the phone for a couple minutes, the screen froze up, he pulled the battery out to reboot it, and when it came back on, it started the reboot cycle. He watched it do that for a few cycles, then thought maybe there was a software issue, and we could try resetting the phone. He checked the SD card, and "saved" to the card, then reset the phone.  Gulp. It will be "naked" like a new phone, and I'll need to choose my preferred settings again.... which I'll need to do anyway, if I need to get a new phone.

When the reset was finished, he turned it on, and ... it worked. It has not rebooted the rest of the evening.

And to my delight, all of the apps I had downloaded have finally come back to the phone. (Google back up?? so it magically comes back to the phone???  Awesome!!))  I still changed the "wallpaper" to last week's photo of Matilda *smile*.  And a couple of the apps I like didn't come in. So I've been looking at apps, as well as researching the cost of replacing this phone.

It's always somethin'.....

I did go for a massage this afternoon, which was absolutely wonderful.  She worked the shoulders for the majority of the hour--did that feel great!! (Not really--they were really sore and it was uncomfortable during the manipulation. But much better this evening)  She does such a good job.

Tomorrow I have a couple of meetings.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment