Sunday, July 21, 2013

Sunday 07.21.2013 Ahhh, Internet......

Seems the storms interrupted our internet service here at the GC.  My computer had been connected, but---lost connection and was unable to log on to the modem.

The first call was to Technical Support Saturday evening, who said service was expected to be repaired by Sunday afternoon. Which it was, but only my machine would connect. No other devices would connect.

So I called again this evening after my device got "locked out". (I don't know what the technical term is, but I know that we were all about frustrated) The nice lady at Technical Support was patient and kind and talked me through the processes, which involved using the ethernet cable. Odd thing is, that my machine, which had been connecting, wouldn't connect even with the ethernet cord, but Jim's machine did. So we got the modem reset with TS and Jim's machine, which connected; my machine connected, and then their other devices connected too. Wow. What a time and energy consuming challenge!!

Yes, I'm at the Lake.

Finally got on the road about 2 on Saturday, enjoying the ride. Got everything unloaded into the trailer and settled in.  Jim and Polly came back from supper and we visited a bit.

The weather is soooo much better than it had been at home, as well as here. Low 80's, and last night it cooled off to high 40's (?) I heard.  It was quite cool. Seemed odd to be cool, and I actually got up to put another blanket on the bed. Surprised me...

Today was another great day, high 70's, sunshine with fluffy clouds that got a little dark in the afternoon, but no rain. Breezy, too, and the wind was a little cool.

Jim has been doing a fine job scraping the cottage, and getting primer on. I did help a little, but not much. Tomorrow's another opportunity.

J & P & myself went over to Rose City to visit our Uncle, Carl, one of Elaine's brothers, who is in a care home there. He was quite lucid while we were there; it was good to see him.

Looking forward to another fine day tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment