Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday 06.05.2013 Five Years Post Treatment Done!!!!

Today is the anniversary of my last radiation treatment.

I'm five years done with treatment, and what a 5 years it has been.

I can say I'm mostly physically healed, with a little bit of leftover and ongoing processes (the back up of lymph fluid, and sore and numb wound beds still). My hair is back, my weight fluctuated the last couple of years but it's currently less than when I was diagnosed, and I'm physically active.

I'm spiritually stronger--thanks to each and every one of you for praying for me and with me, for the good thoughts, the cards, emails, texts, and phone calls. Hugs, kindness, caring, and support.  Our God is an Awesome God!!

I'm mentally stronger--finding the strength and courage to walk through the oncology office doors for chemotherapy, holding on to positivity. Believing in healing. Believing in myself. Believing in the power of The Creator.

Cognition has been a challenge. Chemo Brain is a popular phrase. I do think that a lot of my "thinking function" has come back. I don't think it's 100%. I know when I'm fatigued, or hungry, that I don't think very well, and have a hard time staying on task. I think it's been almost a year now that I've noticed that it is better that it had been.  Combine chemo brain with five more birthdays and no estrogen/progesterone!

Hot Flashes--Yes. Still.  Again, the no estrogen/progesterone reason. Not as frequent as the first few years, but still several times throughout the day and waking me during the night. Occasionally they take my breath away (literally) and I'm nauseated and "just not right".  A few deep breaths and conscious relaxation help me through. Night time is bad; I've learned to turn on a fan. And sometimes I'm so chilled....hands and feet cold with heat radiating from my head and torso.

I'm emotionally...going forward.  It's been difficult this last year and a half with the loss of my marriage, and both homes.  The blessing of a grandchild has made a huge difference to me.

I'm blessed to have good people around me; I love and am loved. I have a job that I love and am good at. A wonderful family and good friends. A roof over my head and a vehicle that runs. (and just turned over 100,000 miles, today!)  My children and grandchild are healthy, too.

Here's to Peace, Love, Happiness, and Disease-Free Living!!

Amen and Amen!!

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment