Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday 06.02.2013

So nice to be home today.

Breakfast, shower, laundry. Finished unpacking. Paid bills. Then caught up on outdoor chores--cleaned the birdbath (after the robin had a drink and a bath, splashing most of the water out, and the squirrel jumped on for a drink!), potted up the rest of the plants I had gotten a couple of weeks ago. Trimmed up some overgrown branches, cut another armload of long grass and weeds. Came inside to make a nice salad and eat, then went back outdoors to read for an hour or so.

I was sitting near the house, trying to block some of the cool breeze.  I didn't know that a chipmunk was trying to get back to it's hole, near where I was sitting. I hadn't seen it attempting to get by. The thing came charging across the driveway from the side of the garage, leaped onto the landscape blocks (which entailed running very close to my feet) and scampered into the vegetation.  I laughed at it--the expression on it's face was terror and anxiety. (chipmunks have expressions??) It seemed "on a mission" to get to it's hole.  I wonder if there are babies in there....????  Last fall when I would sit there, it would come up and freeze, then turn around and go away. After several attempts it would launch itself to get past me. Tonight I only saw it as it came racing across towards me. What a hoot!!

And...tomorrow is a workday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment