Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday 06.10.2013

A morning phone call saying I was "on call" and "first to come in....".  Back to sleep for me. I do sleep better between 4 and 8.

A quiet morning--I checked the weather map and it looked like a pocket of no rain was opening soon.   It did, and I went out for a run.  In the first half mile, a dog was sitting in a yard, came out to greet me, and decided to go with me.  I went back to the house and knocked, though no one answered.  *sigh*  

She accompanied me the remainder of the 2 mile run, plus the extra half to take her back home. Oh, she was a nice pup--maybe a chocolate lab, more than half grown. No collar. Stayed right with me, mostly, and when there was another dog, she got right in front of me to protect me. I kind of liked her, but I can't keep a dog. I'm gone too long for work, for one, and I simply cannot financially afford vet bills and food. And I'm not interested in picking up poo.

Down the street where she was, no one answered the door again, although there were vehicles in the yard and windows open. Hm. I told the dog to "stay", but she didn't.  One of the neighbors said she had seen the dog the other day, and another neighbor took the dog back to the house (again). While they went that-a-way, I went the other way, and went back home.

Shower, breakfast, and Frank stopped over for a visit before work.  When he left, I got my bicycle out and went for a ride. The sprinkles started again as I was coming back down my street.

Phone calls, supper.

Tomorrow I'm going to the lake for a few days.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment