Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wednesday 05.29.2013

What a great day today!!!

Sunshine, blue sky, and temperatures that could have been just a bit too warm....but being at the lake is totally awesome.

A light wind this afternoon, quieting down to a mirror surface in the evening. We could see the bugs swarming over the water, and the numerous circles radiating out from fish surfacing to eat.  And the mosquitoes.  Chased me indoors.

Tom was busy, mowing the yard, helping the in-laws with their outdoor chores, coming back to the GC and finishing the yard, and putting the rest of our dock in. I swept off the  cottage, knocking down numerous starts of wasp/bee/hornet nests from the eaves/soffits, and let T knock down the few that were active. I picked up some of the sticks and branches and helped with the dock.

I got a little too warm--combination of sun and hot flash??--and got pretty queasy for a few minutes.  I got in the shade and slowed down, and felt better after a short time.

After supper in downtown Long Lake the wind was quieting, and the mosquitoes were very active. I went in and showered; even being clean didn't deter the little biters.  I stayed inside the rest of the evening.

Tomorrow I'll get back into the trailer and finish that project.

Now, if the waste water line can be easily remedied.....

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment