Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday 05.09.2013

I was surprised that sleeping just that half hour more made a difference. Having coverage for an early morning meeting was nice.  Thanks, JPK.

After the meeting, we had a Code drill--it was brought to the forefront that we needed a way to get more help if a baby is "bad" immediately after delivery. Code Neonatal was born. (pun intended)

This was the first time we had implemented the process.  And it worked!!  Found a few things to tweak; we'll be doing another one in June on the other shift. So reassuring to see professionals in their specialties showing up, prepared to save a life. It's another reason why Allegiance Health is one of the Top 5% of Hospitals in the nation for safety.  I'm proud to be a part of this team.

We debriefed, took a break, and set up for a potluck. Can you say Yum??

Then it was back to the floor, to take over for the rest of the day.

It was challenging, and steadily busy. I picked at charting as I went along, but was almost a half hour after the next shift had started before I was finished. *sigh*

At home, the humid air carried the most awesome scent of ....  something. I walked around the yard, putting my nose in the blooming branches. I couldn't identify which was giving off the fragrance.

I was surprised to see there are a couple bunches of tulip, now with close to a dozen buds each. Looking forward to seeing them bloom.

Tomorrow is catch-up-on-household day.

My left arm started aching this afternoon. Both above and below the elbow. I lightly rubbed it a little when I could, and it's just a little better. Well, not aching like it was. Hoping it will resolve overnight.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment