Sunday, May 26, 2013

Sunday 05.26.2013

Another Totally Awesome Day at the J.O.B!

We sent all of our patients home on the overflow unit, and we were able to leave, too. I had an unexpected couple of hours....

So I stopped at the store for fresh food; I was planning to go anyway, but now I didn't feel rushed to hurry and get home.

Put those things away, had a bite to eat (since I didn't have time for much of a lunch), changed clothes and went outdoors.

The chipmunk has pushed up a couple of my new plants, so I moved them out of the way. (excuuuuuse me!!!)  The others look good, but maybe a couple look like they've been nibbled on. Hm. And then I check on the begonia that I've overwintered --the first leaf had come up with a nice growth bud below it.  Hey--something ate it!!  Shooooot.  Maybe it will grow back more, being "pinched off" like that.

So I got my chair and my book and my phone and sat outdoors for a bit, enjoying the birds and their behaviours. The a couple of hummingbirds are frequenting the feeder, the big fat robin is drinking often at the birdbath, and occasionally hops in and splashes around. Several other birds have been by to drink and splash in just the hour or so that I was out there watching. So cool.

And it did get cool as the clouds moved in and the sun lowered.

I moved a chair next to a window so I could continue to look outside as I checked email and such. I saw a big rabbit, and a younger rabbit. Might be the plant-eating perps...

Tomorrow I'm scheduled to work, too, but with the census being low, I'm hoping I don't have to go in. And, that I don't have to go in and "float" to another unit. Sure would be nice to sleep in.

I did rest last night, intermittently as I do, but I felt much better today than yesterday. And I'm tired again tonight.

Please remember that Memorial Day is for Remembering--and Honoring those who have gone before us.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sis,

    We have found a cheap, ecological way to prevent plants from the nibbling denizens. Use a cheap, (there's that word again!) cheese grater, ($1 at the dollar store), to grate some original scent Irish Spring bath soap, (2 bars for a dollar, same place), around your plants. The critters don't like the scent and will stay away. You will need to repeat the application after heavy rains, but it does work, and like I may have said earlier, it's CHEAP!

    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete