Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday 04.29.2013 Home, Finally

And safely.

When we got up this morning, the television "travel news" was that Charlotte, Chicago, and Detroit were all at 30 minute delays.  Ugh. Jeremy had to go to work, later than usual, because of the flight being changed to today. I geared up to spend a little more time at the airport....

But I had a couple pleasant surprises. 1. When I approached the kiosk to sign in, the woman came from around the desk and basically did it for me, maybe because what I had was just a printout of yesterday's transaction. She was very pleasant, and surprised that I had been seated in First Class!!!  She asked what had happened last night--I told her that the delay from Savannah made me miss a connection, etc., and that Jodi made the flight arrangements for me. 2. This flight was On Time.

3. In Charlotte, I walked the length of the terminal to the other to get from the arrival gate to the next departure gate.  I stopped to use the restroom, and went on. I approached the gate just as they started boarding. And since I was in Row 8, I didn't have to wait long.

4. My ears only bothered me on the last leg, from Charlotte to Detroit. And they are still sore and loudly ringing this evening.

5. I picked up my bag without difficulty, got to the parking deck without difficulty, found the car in the parking deck without difficulty, paid for the parking without difficulty (it's a ticket/credit card reader box), and even got on west bound I-94 without difficulty.  Woo Hoo!!

6. An uneventful drive home, even though traffic was picking up (approx. 3:30 when I left the ramp)

7. All was well when I got home.

Ahhh.

Unloaded, unpacked, showered, fed. Ready to go to bed this evening.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment