Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday 04.08.2013

Worked today.

Not on my unit.

My turn to "float".

Again.

So, God put me where He needed me.

And I ended up (after being moved at 4pm) to a room with 2 gentlemen.

The one I was assigned to was sound asleep.

The roommate was awakened and told his dinner tray had arrived. Someone had come in and "set him up" to eat, handed him silverware, and left.

After watching him look at first his spoon in one hand, then the other hand picked up his fork by the wrong end, I thought.......

Hm. Wonder if he can feed himself??

So I approached his bedside and asked him if he needed help to eat.

He nodded his head.

He ate all of  his food.

Someone came in as we were having the last few bites---"oh, he's still eating..."

She came back several minutes later, and I helped her get him cleaned up and repositioned.

He smiled at me and went to sleep.

Thank you God for a Very Good Day.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment