Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tuesday 03.19.2013

Worked today.

On a different unit.

Yep. My turn to "float" again.  Already.

But I opened my heart, and let God put me where He needed me to be, and asked to let me do my best with what I've been given.

I ended up "sitting" with a person who really did need some one-on-one care. To be kind to him and speak up for him, to be a sort of buffer from all the interruptions/intrusions that happens to our patients. I helped with all 3 meals, washed him up, (more than once), and listened to him. By the end of the shift, he was animated and laughing. The staff was amazed at his behaviour.  What a little respect can do.....

And tonight I'm tired.

Catching up on the business end of a household tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment