Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Tuesday 03.12.13

Started out "floating" again this morning.  Was called back to my own unit by 0900--babies were being born.  We had a total of 8 babies between 0830 and 1630.  5 of the new couplets came to the "overflow" unit, where I had been called back so that we could open and accommodate the new moms and babies. I was able to attend a meeting because I had someone covering for me. That was a good thing.

And I'm tired tonight.

I had a lot of sinus drainage throughout the day today, with a raspy voice.  I feel a little better, though, this evening.

Tomorrow morning I'm going in to present with some of the other Education Council members to a Professional Practice group.  The word had gotten around about our Ed Fair in January; seems that others are interested in what we did and how we did it. We are unique in that our department consists of four unique but inter-related units--Labor and Delivery, Post Partum, Special Care Nursery, and Pediatrics.  And that we are the only Ed Council in the hospital. We are all wondering how they get their mandatory competencies done.

I'm hoping to sleep pretty good again tonight.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment