Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sunday 03.10.2013

What a great day yesterday!!

Had a gentle run in the morning, then Frank and I went to Flint for a family party. Other than a holiday event (Christmas Sing) or a funeral, I don't recall getting together "just for fun" since....hmmm.....childhood???

I enjoyed being there and felt a bit more "connected" with my fam.

And even though I'm still not feeling well, I'm better than I was.


Today was a quiet day. I've felt like if I sat down, I'd snooze.  In fact, when I sat down, I snoozed.  So I tried to stay up and doing things.

A couple loads of laundry, picking up, kitchen chores. I also added a set of sheer curtains to one of the living room windows. And, the pleasant reality of a project that went better than anticipated, easier and faster! Thank you God!!

I couldn't do the other window, as the rod I had wasn't the right size. And I didn't want to go out and get another one. I did go outdoors, though, for a short walk. Temps near 60 and noisy birds. Love it.

As I ate my supper, I was looking at my email.  Our hospital was selected for a grant from Meridian Health Care that is separate from, but ties in with, our Best Fed/Baby Friendly project. Here is a link to the article in the WALL STREET JOURNAL  that cites the project and includes a quote from our Director, Jenny.

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20130226-913462.html?mod=crnews


Along with that article, our hospital also was recently named as one of the Top 100 Hospitals in the United States, which is an award which is achieved after 4 consecutive years of excellence.  Wow!!!

Allegiance Health, our community hospital in Jackson, MI, is becoming a nationally recognized institution!!


As the day has gone on, I've felt a little better. I've only coughed a few times, and am mostly breathing through my nose. I may be well yet!!

Tomorrow is a workday; I'm hoping to go to bed before long.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment