Friday, December 28, 2012

Thursday 12.27.2012

What an awesome day!!

Got up and ready for a long day--

Picked up the trailer from the U Haul place, and had  a safe drive north--sunshine and blue skies north of Lansing.

When we were on M-33 near Sage Lake Road, I saw a movement in the sky off to the right.  I love to watch for the larger birds, and had seen several red tailed hawks on this trip already, both perched and in flight. I watched as this bird approached, from right to left, directly in front of us, just high enough and just far enough away that there was no chance of us colliding. As I watched--OH MY GOSH--IT'S AN EAGLE!!!  So beautiful, and it tilted just so, and we had the perfect view of it's top side, full soar. So awesome--white head and tail, with the long dark body, and the clear blue sky behind it.  I thanked God for the beautiful day and asked for His continued guidance.

At the JC, I pulled up and backed the trailer in. As I was just getting into the driveway, I looked up and over to the other mirror, and Evelyn was out there to guide me in. How Awesome!!

We were just getting the trailer positioned when T & KS pulled in, too. Yippee!!

We greeted, and talked about where to put the trailer. After some repositioning, I walked around and took stock of what was left. Big Breath.

I had made a list, and that was helpful for me to keep on track, and also for the others to help gather stuff. Evelyn came over after a bit with a plate of Christmas cookies--we each had one or two.

I was feeling somewhat organized; got the trailer loaded, and the van, too. Bob came over for a minute as were were leaving.

We made it to Big Bob's in Hale for supper by 6 pm.  We had been at the cabin for about 3 hours.  It was a beautiful day there; the lake was almost frozen over. Once when I was outdoors, "breathing", it was very quiet and still, and cold. And I heard something. Tom was out there, too, and we listened as the small area of open water out in the middle of the lake lapped against the edges of the ice. It was a neat sound, but almost creepy. I would have liked to have listened longer, and I didn't get pictures of the lake this trip either. I had to stay focused to get this task done, and it was getting colder as the sun was going down.

We had a good dinner, and conversation, said our good-byes, and had a safe drive home.

I was wound up, surprisingly; and I got the van unloaded, the smaller things in the trailer out, and everything either placed or put away before going to bed. Yes, it was wee hours, but Ron is a night person and was very talkative.

I think we're in good shape to get the rest of the items out of the trailer tomorrow morning with J & P and Frank. And I don't think it will take very long.

And I'm surprised that I'm feeling so good about the process so far.  YAY!!

Thank you, God, and

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment