Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thursday 12.06.2012

I made it...at the JC. 

Cold, breezy, 33 degrees and ice at the edges of the lake. Quiet water was skim ice, too. Lots of waterfowl--I'm guessing at least a couple of hundred bufflehead ducks, lots of canada geese, some seagulls, and TWO EAGLES--perched right in my pine tree!!

I watched the first one swoop towards the cabin like it was going to come in the window. It curved up and landed on a branch. I laid on the floor to look up at it, watching it eat the fish it caught. Oh yeah, that was pretty cool....

The second bird swooped up and they had quite the noisy conversation.

The first one flew off across the lake, and the second one left a few minutes later. The flock of buffleheads were "swarming" above the water, and the second bird flew right through the group. I couldn't tell if it caught a duck, as it was very dusky and on the other side of the lake. Just Plain Wow!!!

Tomorrow Bob asked if I could help with an outdoor project. I'll do that, then get loaded up and ready to come back home. A short visit, but much needed. I sure love it here.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment