Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday 10.25.2012

Busy today....

Breakfast, took boat over to be winterized. Put bed linens in washer and blankets on the clothesline to "blow the stink off" (not that they smelled bad--just wanted to freshen them again while it was breezy).  While I was outdoors putting the stuff on the line, the neighbor behind me (another "Bob") came over.

We were looking at the mouse holes in the back garage where the boat will be, discussing options and solutions.  He also noticed that there was a nut/bolt missing from one of the hinges on the door. I had to leave for a meeting and we exchanged pleasantries.

After the meeting, I hurried over to Grass Lake to pick up the boat before 5pm.  The guys remembered the boat, and me, and commented on how good the boat looks. Thanks! And thanks to the cleaning/waxing crew...   Oh, Yeah. I love my boat.

I got the boat wiggled around into the garage again.  And I noticed that all the mouse holes had been covered up. Hey!!  Cool!!

I took the blankets off the clothesline and put the laundered sheets out--there was only an hour or so of daylight left--and Bob came over. When I opened the garage door, he was surprised the boat was in there. "You do that yourself??"  he asked.  Umm, yes....and I noticed that you took care of the mouse holes.  Thanks, I told him.  He also repaired the garage door. We chatted for a minute or two more--I had to get back to the hospital to get my flu shot before 7pm.

So, back to the hospital, park, walk, get my vaccine (mandatory this year), visit for a couple minutes while my head stops swirling (yep, I get lightheaded when I get blood drawn or injections), and back home.

By now it's quite dusky outdoors. But the wind was blowing pretty good, and the sheets were mostly dry. I put them in the dryer for a few minutes to finish them up.

And I haven't had anything to eat since a pear about 2:30. I was needing to eat.

I fixed supper and ate. Amazing how food makes you feel better....

Put the bed together, looked at a couple emails, and wrote here.

Tomorrow is another meeting...

I thank God for putting me here, with wonderful neighbors. Isn't that amazing...????

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment