Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday 10.21.2012

Wow, what a great weekend!!

Saturday morning T & KS and I picked up the Olivers in Gaylord, then went on over to C & D's in Traverse City, where we feasted on soup, fresh bread, and apple crisp. Yummy!!

We all piled into the new Traverse and headed up the Mission Peninsula for some wine tasting. Yummy, again!  I'm learning what I like. We went to 4 wineries, but only stopped at 2 because of the lines of people waiting to get in. It was a glorious day--the clouds moved out, and the sun illuminated the golds and reds and rusts and oranges of the changing leaves, all set against a clear blue sky. We were happy to have our jackets when we walked around the Mission Point lighthouse.  We were all amazed at how low the water level is.

After dinner at the Jolly Pumpkin, we visited at the TC Goodwin household before going back to the Oliver B&B for the night.

This morning we had breakfast and conversation before getting on the road shortly after noon. Thank you for the marvelous hospitality.

Another beautiful Fall day.

I picked up my car at the Freeland Goodwin's, had a brief respite, and got underway again. When I looked at the time, I thought I'd stop at the Woldumar Nature Center, where more of my family was spending the afternoon.

It wonderful to see that group, as well as listen to their music, and sing along some, too. I was disappointed that we weren't able to connect for dinner. Another time....

God has certainly been good to me this weekend.  With safe travels and almost perfect weather, I took the opportunity to spend some much needed time with my family.

Love and Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment