Friday, October 19, 2012

Friday 10.19.2012

I had a fairly decent workday today. I was surprised when the girl who was coming in to cover me for a meeting showed up a couple hours sooner than I thought. Oh--that's when the meeting is.... silly me.....I was caught up, gave her a quick rundown of my worksheet, and left.

The meeting ran a half hour over; she caught me up on what had happened in that interval. I took over, doing what needed to be done, and was able to get a late lunch. The fan had turned on, and was now blowing in our direction, which entailed calling in our on-call staff.

As the afternoon progressed, however, and the discharges left, we staffed down again. And the girl who was called in wanted the hours, so I left early!! Just an hour and a half, but that was enough to make a nice difference in my evening.

I had been reminded earlier in the week that a gathering was happening in Traverse City with some of my family, and that I had planned to go. And of course there were other family members attending a different event that I had wanted to go to, also. The logistics of the travel were such that I could only do one thing. Bummer. 

I showered, packed, and realized I hadn't eaten, so I had a bite, then left for Saginaw. We'll leave in  the morning for Traverse. Should be a good weekend, even if the weather is yucky.

A safe drive, thank you God.

I'm settled in the guest quarters, and hoping to sleep.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment