Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wednesday 07.18.2012

What a busy day today.

I woke to an ant--a big, black, carpenter ant, over 1/2 inch long--climbing on my arm. Hm. Haven't had ants in here in a few years. When I really woke up and looked around at the day, I saw an ant on the wall. And another, and another.....  Crap.

So I got up and watched for a while, to find out where they were coming from. Didn't really discover where they were entering/exiting, but I went out to the garage and got the bug spray.  I know; toxic. I moved all the furniture away from the walls so I could spray before going out for a run. As I was still spraying along the edges of the floors and walls and such, I could hear them dropping onto the floor. A lot more ants than I thought. Ick.

 I had a good run. It's a lot cooler today, and the breeze is from the east, which is straight into the bedroom. I opened the windows before going out. And when I got back, those ants were staggering out in the other room. Gosh, it's a lot of ants.

Breakfast, shower. I had many things to do today, and the ant project kind of took precedence. So, I changed my schedule for the day.

KS and T are coming tomorrow, and I asked her if she would pick up a few groceries for me. She said she would, so I don't have to do that today. Scratch that off the list. Thanks, KS!

I went outside to get ready to use the power washer on the back deck. I had to move the plants and get the hose out and hooked up, and assemble the unit. That done--sphewsh--the thing is working!!  Ah Ha!! 

I spent the rest of the afternoon/evening spraying the deck off. I did take a couple of breaks--to return phone calls, use the restroom, and eat. And I finished as the light was fading. I turned things off and moved the hoses and such, but didn't disassemble anything.  I still have vacuuming to do yet tonight....

Bob came over to see how I was doing. We visited for a few minutes before I excused myself.  Another shower to get the paint chips off of me. That's  really a messy job.

I used my favorite tool--the shop vac--in the bedroom. I was surprised at how many ants there were.  And the little cobwebs on the textured ceiling tile. Yes, I vacuumed the ceiling, too. Furniture back in place, and I'm at a stopping place for the night.

I sat out in the BFZ for a half hour or so to rest and decompress. Came in and wrote here, and I'm now going to bed.

Tomorrow's list is a little longer. I'll just keep picking away at it.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment