Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday 07.17.2012

What a day...Hot, grayish blue overcast/hazy, high humidity---

And at The Lake.

So hot, not many boats were out. And if they did go out, they weren't out very long. Odd for the lake to be that quiet.

I walked down to Anne's to see about going into town for lunch, but she declined.  I told her I'd be back to check on her later in the afternoon.

Back at the JC, I was going stir-crazy. I decided to pull the indoor/outdoor carpet off the back deck,  step one in the painting process.  There were so many roofing-type nails pounded into that carpet, of a few different sizes, too. It was shady there on the porch, and a good breeze helped blow the sweat off of me. I took my time and got it done, just as the sun was chasing me away.

I cleaned up, fixed food, mixed up an icy pitcher of raspberry lemonade, and took all of that down to Anne's to share with her. 

She was upstairs with her air conditioner on, and was happy for the food and cold drink. We visited for maybe an hour or so before I left.

After cleaning the dinner dishes that I had taken with me, I went out to the BFZ (bug-free zone) and enjoyed the evening. Still hot, but trying to cool off a little with an occasional dark cloud.  Sometimes it looks like it just might rain...

So I brought the cushions in and took a shower. Boy did that feel good.

A quiet evening. Tomorrow I may power wash that back deck.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment