Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thursday 07.26.2012

A great day today, despite the morning being the same flat overcast gray in the sky and the water, broken only by the dark treeline/shoreline across the lake. An awesome storm moved through during the night--not so much on the rain or wind, but lots of lightning, and a deep grumbling thunder that vibrated the house and the ground. That activity seemed to last a couple of hours.

The sky finally lightened in the early afternoon. Bruce and Bruce came down and installed my new modem, so I have more consistent internet. Bruce the Younger is still working on improving the signal strength at the GC.

Crystal, Wes, and Jonathon came down to ask if I would show them where the Fish store is. Sure!! So, into town we went. We found a couple treasures...

Back at the JC, I finished my online work, prepared food and ate, and finally went down to the GC. Bruce Sr. had gotten his things together to leave, as there was lots of activity coming between the cottages there, and the dog wasn't doing well. I was disappointed that he left, but it was the best option all around. And, I was happy that I was able to visit with him in the first place! You're a wonderful man, Bruce, and a great dad and grandpa.

Tomorrow I think I'll do the laundry in town before Diane and Gail arrive; that way I won't have so much to do when I get home.

The weather is predicted to be better the next few days.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment