Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sunday 07.15.2012

What a great day today!!

I slept pretty good, and Diane wasn't up early to make little noises.  I got up and went out for a run--when I got back, she was still sleeping.  Hmm, not like her.

I looked in on her a couple of times, and she finally stirred, saying that something wasn't right, that she was extremely dizzy. Oh, oh....

She told me that she had experienced this before, and that she also had an ear infection recently. She stayed laying down the majority of the day, sleeping, and has gotten somewhat better as the day has gone on.

We finally got a little rain this afternoon. After the weather cleared and the boat cover dried off (mostly), I went out and got it ready to go. Jim, Aaron, Jacob, Kris, and Arianna arrived shortly and we went out on the water.

Jacob tried and tried to water ski, and got real good at putting on the skis and getting the rope. And getting up. He finally had a few "rides" that were maybe 5-10 seconds long. Up long enough to know what it feels like. And grin.

I showed Jim how to operate the throttle and such, and after he got the feel of it, I got in the water and got to ski myself. Yippee!!!  Easy--even with the turns and the slowing down....I did good!! My turn to grin. Thanks, Jim!

I dropped some of the passengers to the GC dock; Jim and Jacob went to the JC dock to help me land and moor the boat. That being secured, they went on back to the GC.

Diane had been up, but not much. She sounded better, but was still dizzy.

After dinner, I walked to the GC for a brief visit, saying good-bye to Jim, Kris, and Arianna. The rest of us went in and watched the videos of ourselves skiing....

When I got back to the JC, Diane was awake and got up for a bit, though not able to move/turn her head much. And walking is still not a good thing. She had a little food, tried to visit, but went on back to bed. Hope she's better tomorrow.

We're going out again tomorrow, so Jacob can get his "ride" on the skis. He'll do it this time...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment