Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday 07.21.2012

Another Fabulous Day!!!

Thanks to God for this life.

I slept pretty good the first part of the night, and again this morning, but was awake a couple hours in between, listening to the radio, praying, contemplating...

When I did get up, I wandered around a little, drank some water, then went out for a run.

Breakfast, shower, and I spent some time catching up with the internet and the financial side of life. Looks like I'll be ok. I'm still cautious, though.

Tom and I went into Hale and filled a couple gas cans for the boat. The thermometer on the car showed 86 degrees, and the humidity is rising.

Later in the afternoon the group from the GC came down and we played on the lake again. Mark and Tom refueled the boat--thanks, guys. It was a little more windy than yesterday, and a lot more boat activity. Everybody had a ride, and Mark got a new reason to grin. Yup, tubing.

After supper, and near dark, T, KS, and myself went on down to the GC to join them for a fire. It was nice--and buggy. Even the bug spray wasn't enough help. Us "old folks" left after a bit and let the younger ones enjoy their evening.

Back at the JC, we sat out in the bug free zone, in the stillness and humidity. It's still pretty warm tonight.

Please keep our military personnel in your prayers; our Jeffrey Andrew Cross leaves Sunday morning for the first leg of his deployment to Afghanistan. May God be with you, Drew.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment