Wow. A few more weeks and it will be the solstice again, the longest day of the year. Enjoy the daylight, eh??
I had a good day today. I was able to get out for a run in between the drizzles. Well, kind of. It did start drizzling again while I was out, but I had a rain jacket on just in case.
Breakfast, shower, laundry. Of course, the solar dryer wasn't functioning today, so I used the clothes dryer for the first time. Not before I took the shop vac to it, though.
It started with cleaning the crevices of a couple of nuts (for bolts) and a red piece of plastic that looked like the pop up timer for a turkey. Huh?? The hard plastic mesh that holds the lint screen was almost solid inside with lint. I poked and fished around in that area and got out as much as I could, but there is still a layer that I couldn't reach. I need some kind of long thin adapter to get that stuff. As I was trying to get in there, I ended up removing the lower panel below the door. Ohmygosh, am I glad I did. INCHES of lint. Seriously. The whole floor of the unit was covered, as well as everything else--the wiring, the motor, the burner. And with it being a gas dryer, I was surprised that it hadn't caught on fire yet. When the stuff tried to clog the end of the shop vac hose, I though it might be a mouse nest or something. Instead, I pulled out a wad of scorched, blackened lint. Geesh, those people about burned themselves up. And I'm soooo glad I spent that hour or so cleaning it out.
So, with it reassembled and back in place, that dryer works Awesomely well! (the sellers probably thought it wasn't working very good any more...) And, I found 13 cents!
Ok, laundry dry, I went out to get food. A few groceries, I came back and ate, and cleaned up the kitchen.
Next stop, Holt. Picked up prescriptions, checked the mail (none), and went over to the storage unit for another load. Back home, unloaded, and taken to the basement.
Tomorrow is a workday.
I'm feeling pretty good, overall.
Thank you for reading. Hugs.