Monday, May 28, 2012

Monday, Memorial Day 05.28.2012

Started out to be another of those days when I felt like I was walking in the mud.  I trudged through the morning, wandering around outdoors, coming inside, going back out.  After breakfast I took a cup o' joe out and read for a while, finishing the book.  ("The Book of Bright Ideas" by Sandra Kring. Great story.)

It was hot with a light breeze, and I had basically no motivation to do anything.  So I laid on the sofa to cool down and dozed a few minutes.

Couldn't stand being indoors when it was so nice out, so I went back out, wandering around the yard. I finally picked up the cutter thing (pruners?) and started cutting back the giant lilac hedge that was growing over the carport.  I ended up with a respectable pile of debris, and was just thinking it was time to quit, when Frank pulled in.

We spent the rest of the afternoon/early evening out in the yard, finding a shady breezy spot to loll in.  He seemed very relaxed, and it was wonderful to have him there keeping me company.

He left about 8 pm; I went in and fixed a snack for myself, then showered the sweaty grime off.

Tomorrow is a workday; hope I wake up feeling better than I have the last couple of mornings....

And a note to Robyn:  thanks for the tip on leveling the washer.  This basement floor is pitted, and the washer only has leveling legs on the rear of the machine.  The problem was solved with a couple pieces of wood to shim it to level.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment