Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday 03.15.2012

I worked the last couple of days, and stayed last night in Jackson, in the new house. I don't have internet there yet, and didn't post yesterday.

But, last night when I got over to the house after work, two large boxes were outside the back door. The garment racks!! Yippee!! I was excited to see them; I've been a little frustrated getting some of the last tidbits of moving figured out.

First, the water softener thing. The traditional type softener (Culligan) was going to cost close to $2000 to install. I know, right!??! Seems the water there is extremely high in particulates, as well as iron/mineral content, and needs an extra filtration system. Umm, no. Not going to purchase that.....

The Kinetico guy was waiting for me when I got there last night. He went through his testing process, and came up with a price of $300 something to install. Whew. And a monthly rental fee that was also less than the traditional one. I told him to sign me up, and hurry up with it. I've noticed that with just the little bit I've been there, the sinks are yellowing, and the toilet bowl gets yucky after a couple of days. Bar Keeper's Friend and The Works toilet bowl rust product have helped, but there's no way I'm doing laundry with that water, nor am I going to shower with it.

Another challenge is the internet. The provider I had chosen said it was not able to provide the service I want, due to the trees in the area. Huh? They could only do dial up. I don't want to purchase a land line, sooo......that leaves cable, dish, satellite, $$$, $$$, and more $$$. Comcast Xfinity is looking like the lowest cost of the options. And it's not really "low cost" in my book.... Of course, I really don't have to have internet. But I sure want it.

After the Kinetico guy left, I changed out of my work clothes and opened one of the garment rack boxes. Let's see...

It went together wonderfully easy, and was actually a breeze to assemble. And is it cool!! I love it. I put the other one together just as easily, and am very pleased with the product. Here's the link, if you want to see it. Alera Wire Shelving Garment Rack, Black, Steel, Stand Alone Rack (ALEGR354818BL) These will surely extend my limited hanging/closet space.

The workdays were good, with wonderful co-workers.

Tonight I'm back in Holt, doing laundry and catching up on some internet stuff.

I'm thinking of going north tomorrow, just to be there. I also need to bring a few things back....

Bugs on the windshield on the drive home, and when I got into the garage and looked at the front of the car, it's almost covered with a bug hatch. I surely didn't miss that during the winter.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment