Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday 02.05.2012

What a great day today!

I watched the sunrise over the lake, reflecting off of the ice. Pretty neat. I also saw the "front line" --the solid cloud cover encroaching the clear blue sky. I decided to go out for a run before the sun was gone.

The sun continued to rise, and went right into the cloud cover, just before I went out. It was about 35 degrees; quiet and full of birdsong.

When I got back in, KS was up. Breakfast, shower, started cleaning and doing "closing chores". We took a break and went out for an ice walk. I found a pair of ice creepers--the metal plates with teeth on them that strap onto your feet to help with traction on the ice--and we each put one on.

It was a good thing, too, as the ice was very smooth and slippery. Almost like a Zamboni had been on it. I would have loved to ice skate on it, but our timing wasn't right to be able to go out today. Mighta shoulda tried to go out yesterday....

But we had a fun time on the lake. Neither one of us fell, which was a good thing. And we checked out the GC (all was well down there) and glad we had the creepers on to continue on down Grace Street. It's amazing how the roads are all iced over. Onawa Drive, though, was not iced; mostly dirt.

We finished chores, had a snack, said good-byes to the neighbors, and got on the road about 2:30 ish, meeting T at a restaurant for food. We transferred KS' stuff there, and I was able to get back on the highway and continue on home. Thanks for the weekend, KS and T.

A safe drive, thank you God, and I'm unloaded and unpacked and winding down.

Tomorrow is a workday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment