Friday, February 10, 2012

Friday 02.10.2012

What a day!

Started out at the hospital, with a good workday that turned very busy. So that by the end of the 12 1/2 hour shift, we were all extremely focused on making sure everything got done. (it did-'cuz we are that awesome!)

It had been snowing most of the day, and had just started to "stick" about 5 pm. By the time I got to my car, it was covered in about two inches of large-flaked, sticky, snow. When I started out, and got onto the expressway, the roads weren't too bad--wet, with snow around the edges. But the further north I got, the worse the weather got. So much so, that I was following the semi truck in front of me, who had passed me and caused a white-out. This truck was now going 25-30 mph. We passed 2 cars off the road and a couple other vehicles that had just stopped on the shoulder. Visibility was poor, and I was grateful for the rumble strips on the sides of the road. Yes, I did end up "finding" them. On each side. I was surprised when we were that far over on the left lane. This is the worst weather I've driven in this season.

I got home safely, thank you God.

An interesting evening, looking at the internet.

Tomorrow I was hoping to visit with J & P; I haven't seen them in a while. Have to see how the roads are...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment