Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday 01.02.2012

What a weird day...

I woke up feeling startled, almost disoriented. I looked at the clock--5:18. Hm. Then I wondered what day it was, and did I have to work?? I think I do, but why did the radio not come on?? Ugh....I'd better call the hospital.

I reached over for my phone and turned it on. When I got to the dialer/number pad, somehow I kept toggling the screen to something else, and I was confused. Why can't I make the phone work?? I finally got it, and called the unit. When my co-worker answered, I identified myself and asked her if I was working today. She laughed a little, and said yes. I told her that I had just awakened and would be about an hour or so late. No problem, be safe, she said, there was snow down there.

I got ready and on the way. It had just started snowing here, but the further south I got, the more yuckier it was. The highway was mostly one lane travel, but speed was still 60-65 or so. I was surprised that I made it just a half hour later than scheduled.

We had a good workday, with great co-workers.

The drive home was frozen, as the temperature had dropped to low 20's. Where the pavement had been wet was now glare ice with a light dusting of snow. Fortunately, the highway was mostly dry, with only a few areas of that ice. The main road into the complex, though, was mostly that ice, with just hints of pavement here and there.

Dan was home and had a load of laundry done. We visited a short bit before he fell asleep in his chair.

Tomorrow he has appointments and I have a meeting in Jackson. We have a dinner date to celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary. Time flies....

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment