Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday 01.13.2012 Lucky Day!!

The winter storm that came through last night was mild, as far as snow storms go. There was about 2-3 inches of snow on the roads this morning--just enough to make it yucky to drive in. The highway had the right lane open, but the left lane just didn't work for me. The depth of the snow over there was just enough to grab the tires and pull. I had been able to travel about 50-55 mph, until I caught up with others who were slower. But I wasn't comfortable in the left lane, so I stayed behind, traveled safely, and watched as the semi trucks passed us, splashing all that road slush on us. Near Jackson, there was a car in the ditch, headlights beaming up into the sky. Lucky?? Sure--wheels were still on the ground with no apparent damage to the vehicle. Or to other vehicles.

We had a busy workday again, and again with a great group of co-workers. About 4 pm, I was ready to be done. Just be done. I took myself off the unit, went to the cafeteria for a few minutes, and regrouped. I made it to the end of the shift. Ahhhh, 7 pm.

I cleaned about 2 inches of snow from the car and started home. The roads were much better--both lanes open and wet, but almost dry. 24 degrees with a light wind.

I'm tired tonight, and hope to sleep.

Maybe I'll be able to get outside and exercise tomorrow.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment