Thursday, December 8, 2011

Thursday 12.08.2011

What a Day!!

Meeting from 10-1 in Jackson, errands until dental appointment. Waited 40 minutes--have never waited longer than 5 or 10 minutes EVER in the 28 years I've been to that office. My anxiety level was rising.

After the x-rays were done, the hygienist sees something "suspicious". Crap. The new dentist (what? there's a new guy? yep--fresh out of school...) comes in and picks around and looks. Seems I have 3 new (small) cavities that need attention. CRAP again.

Since Deb had already done the scraping part of the cleaning, all that was left was the polishing part. I told her I had to defer the polishing--it was now 3:30. I had to pick up Sandy and Allison yet, get back to Holt, load the car, unload the car at the clubhouse and set up for my 5:00 party.

Over at Sandy's, (we missed picking Allison up from school, so now we waited for the bus) we visited a bit. Allison arrived, and we were on the way by 3:50.

And it was a good drive home, thank you God.

Got turned around and to the clubhouse about 4:50, and Tom and KS pulled in as I opened the trunk. Bruce, Bruce, and Diane came in a few minutes after them, and a couple more shortly after. Between the group of us, we got the place set up.

It was a small turnout, but we had a lot of fun, eating, talking and singing. Diane had brought her keyboard with her, and she brought it in and played/accompanied us. Thanks, Diane, your music was a wonderful contribution.

Thanks to all who helped set up and break down and carry stuff back upstairs with me. We made quick work of it, and I've got things sorted, washed up, and mostly put away.

I enjoyed seeing everyone.

Now I'm fighting a migraine.

Tomorrow is a workday.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment