Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday 11.10.2011

Went to work without breakfast this morning, so I could have my fasting lab work drawn. I couldn't get drawn until after 7--and when I heard report, I was thinking that this is not a good day to not have had breakfast....

I went to the lab anyway, thinking I would be gone maybe 15 minutes. Wrong. 35 minutes later I was back on the unit, with no time to eat. But I got started on the work for the day, and was finally able to fix my food and eat it, sometime around 10 o'clock. That's a long time for me to be up without eating, and I still have just a little naggy headache.

The day went on.

I was able to go back to the lab later in the day and pick up the results. Everything looked good, other than the total cholesterol level was 215. The HDL and LDL were in the right levels, though.
I'm not concerned with that result, and I hope the doctors aren't, either. I'm not interested in taking a daily pill for the rest of my life.

We had a pretty good snowshower this afternoon. Not just a few flurries flying around--a near whiteout of good-sized snowflakes. Enough that I had to sweep the car off when I left for home this evening. And the foliage--trees, bushes, grass--everything covered in white. Pretty cool.

The funny thing was, that when I got to Mason, the road was dry, the stars and the full moon were shining in the sky, and there was no snow on the ground. Amazing how that works.

Tomorrow I hope to be able to jog, catch up on a few household items, and probably head for the lake later in the afternoon. Guess I'd better put the snow brush in the car...

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment