Saturday, November 12, 2011

Saturday 11.12.2011

I'm happy to say I slept pretty good last night. I had awakened about 2, wondering where my Jeremy was, on his way to Michigan, as he could be arriving soon. I had dozed off, then heard an electronic tone--like an alarm chime or something. What was that? Something on a computer? I was getting out of bed to investigate the noise, because you know I wouldn't have been able to ignore it and go back to sleep.

Then I heard the back door open.

"Jeremy?" I called out. No answer, but I heard the storm door close. "Jeremy?" "Yup" was the reply. Woo Hoo!! Jeremy was here!! 0300. He made good time, coming from South Carolina.

We visited for just a few minutes, getting his things in and somewhat settled for the night.

I woke with a bit of a naggy headache. (But my heart was doing ok, thank you God.) It proceeded to turn into a migraine, with pain that was making my eyes water. What's with the headaches recently?? (Life stress, perhaps....??)

I took tylenol, motrin, and a bit of a tylenol #3 for the codeine, and an hour or so later, I felt much better. The pain had been interrupted, but the numb sensation on the right side of my face was still there.

After breakfast (which was late morning) KS went to visit her parents and I went outside to check on the garage and shed.

I swept what I could in the garage, started the van and let it run a bit, looked in the shed and swept that, too. Jeremy came out, and I asked him to disconnect the battery on the van, which he did, as well as did some minor maintenance on the shed door. Thank you Jeremy!

When KS got back, we went into Hale to the Fish store. We found a couple of things there, then went down to the grocery store for a few items.

Back at the JC, I took another dose of pills, minus the codeine, and we fixed lunch/supper and ate. While KS and I did clean up, Jeremy went outdoors and started burning leaves, as there were a few areas where the piles had collected. Dusk was falling fast, and it was dark when we decided to put the rakes away for the night.

Then we went out for a flashlight walk.

47 degrees, though felt like 35. So quiet. The moon had risen and stars were bright with the reflection of moonlight. We looked into the trees and across the ground. We first saw a skunk up next to a garage. We watched as it came a little nearer to us, then turned and walked away. There were a couple sets of eyes reflecting back at us, beyond where the skunk was heading. That was pretty cool.

We also saw a large woodpecker, and we circled down to Grace Street back to the JC to the lake. The only activity we saw in the lake was a frog, hiding in the rocks.

Jeremy and I looked at my pictures, and the night wound down.

It's been a lovely day. Thank you God.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment