Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Tuesday 10.18.2011

What a great day today!!

I slept pretty good, overall, woke about 7:30, stayed in bed 'til about 8. Dan was already up.

Breakfast, then got things packed to go to the lake. Dan had to go to the post office; I finished packing the cooler and foodstuffs and carried all my things down to the garage. When he got back, he loaded the car, and....we were off.

An uneventful trip, thank you God. We arrived at the JC about 12:30 pm. Cool, breezy, 50 degrees, with low gray clouds that foretell of the winter to come. I was happy that both new furnaces fired up easily, and within 15 minutes it was warm inside. Woo Hoo!!

I was a little anxious about looking in the chipmunk bucket. What if there's nothing in it?? What if there is??

Nothing in the bucket. So, did the creature that came in and put corn under the pillows forget how to get in?? Or did it eat the D-Con...??? Time will tell, I suppose.

We ate our Subway food before getting started on the outdoor chores.

We both changed clothes--Dan put on his wetsuit and waders (it was a photo op I missed) and started getting the dock sections apart while I got the hose and other needed items from the garage to clean the awning. He and I got the dock out, and Tom and KS came by as we were getting the support poles out.

That job done, we watched Daniel clean the top of the awning. We visited a bit; T&KS were ready to leave, and going to Big Bob's in Hale. We decided to go, too.

I enjoyed the afternoon with them.

Back at the JC, we finished up outdoors. Grill and outdoor chairs in the shed, green boat moved into big green shed. Evelyn and Bob came out and supervised that.

When we were finally done, Daniel went through his collection of scuba stuff. He seemed pretty happy tonight--he's gotten done what he wanted to do, and can now just enjoy it.

Me, too.

Not sure what we'll do tomorrow. The weather is not looking so good--rain and a high wind advisory. Hmm. I don't like the wind.

We'll see what happens.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

1 comment:

  1. You sure did have a busy productive day.
    tom and I took off for Amish Country and spent the day.
    NOT something I need to do..have so much to do before tomorrow.
    But it was fun..and the weather is turning bad here in Ohio today too.
    I may not be around much for the next week ..Chemo in the morning.
    Maybe I'll do better this time!!!!!
    But I'll be back and catch up

    Debbi (atoosassygal.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete