Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thursday 10.27.2011

Wow! What a Day!!

I spent the majority of the day in Flint, with my aunt, EM.

I helped her with the craft project: decorating the boxes for, then filling little zip-top bags with, the cremains of her husband of might-as-well-have-been 63 years. Very odd, playing with cremains. Creepy, sometimes. But we got it done, and she is happy with the results.

She also had a few other "projects" for me to help her with, and all the while, she (and I) talked.

We looked at pictures, and she reminisced about her past, much of which I was unaware. She is my father's sister. It was good to hear him talked about.

Thank you, Aunt EM.

On the drive home, I received a call that a cousin has passed. Another call after I got home; funeral is Sunday.

And the world goes around.

Tomorrow is a workday.

My heart has been "quieter" this evening. So far. And that's a relief to me.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment