Thursday, October 13, 2011

Thursday 10.13.2011

I didn't hear any mice in the wall last night. Maybe because I was sleeping, or maybe because each time I woke I turned the radio on again (on a sleep timer) so I wouldn't hear the little darlin's scratching around in the wall. I made it to daylight, and was lying there dozing, when the house phone rang....

It was Evelyn next door, asking if I wanted to go to breakfast with them. I saw it was 0930--sure, let me get washed up and dressed....

We had a great breakfast in South Branch.

The rest of the day was mostly overcast, 60 degrees, and a light breeze. While Evelyn and Bob got their dock out, I hovered around outside in case they needed help. Sometimes they do. I got the bumpers/fenders off of our dock posts and put them away, and decided to rake and burn some leaves, even though there are lots still on the trees.

While I was outside, I checked on the bait pillow/bait pack I put next to the critter hole outside, near where I hear the noises. It was gone!! Not just chewed empty, it was missing. Hopefully, they dragged it into their nest. Maybe that's why I didn't hear anything last night.

It took the rest of the afternoon to burn the leaves, and I enjoyed sitting out there while each batch burned up. I finally came in about 5.

After a snack, I checked the computer, had a couple of phone calls, and a quiet evening.

I'll be going back home tomorrow.

I've felt kind of tired today. Maybe I'll sleep better tonight.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment