Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday 09.30.2011

I had a good day today, starting with a good night's sleep. Finally. I woke just a few times during the night and slept well inbetween. Thank you God.

I had a slow morning. It was blowing, and occasionally raining. I wanted to go for a jog, and just when I thought I wouldn't be able to, the rain stopped. I checked the weather.com site which showed the rain had moved by, so I got ready and went out.

I'm glad I did.

Breakfast, shower, finished packing my things for the weekend. By the time I got the car loaded it was almost 4. And I realized I needed a refill on the Femara--Hmm--I thought that was on automatic refill.....

I checked the pharmacy website--I had gotten a new prescription, and as such, it has to be selected and such. So I ordered the refill, changed the online refill/reminder setting, and waited another half hour to leave.

And then waited another 15 minutes at the store.

So it was just 5 pm when I got on the expressway to go to Flint to visit my uncle, who has fallen, bumped his head, and is hospitalized.

Moving right along, I was making good time, and then--brake lights. Lots and lots of them. With no exit for miles. After going only 2 miles in 45 minutes or so, I asked God if He would authorize me to use the "authorized use only" turnaround thing, and went back the other direction, taking the nearest exit. I got to the hospital about 7 pm.

The room was empty, and the bed was stripped. Oh No! I thought.....

When I interrupted the nurses they informed me that the patient was over for a MRI. Whew!! And he'd be back in about an hour.

Oh. I can't wait that long.

And just after I had left a note, in comes EM, and sons R and F. They were surprised and happy to see me, as I was happy to see them. We visited a bit before Uncle was returned to his room.

As it turned out, I was able to answer a lot of questions for the family. The night nurse was very nice; he saw that I could "interpret" and explain, and he took the opportunity to communicate a little more with the family. I think that both sides have a little more understanding of what is happening, at least for the moment. I was surprised that the family didn't really seem to grasp the enormity of the situation. Maybe they do, at least a little more, now. I am happy that I had the opportunity to speak to my uncle, even though there seemed to be no response.

We finally left the hospital about 9:30. I got my sandwich out of the cooler so I could eat. Yay me, thinking ahead...

Still a light rain, I had a safe drive to T&KS', thanks again.

We visited a while before turning in. Tomorrow we're going to Traverse City then going up the Leelanau peninsula. The weather is predicted to be sunny. I sure hope so.

I have a little naggy headache. I'll try the tylenol and motrin, and hopefully sleep some.

Please keep your prayers coming for God's grace for this family.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment