Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Wednesday 08.24.2011

A great day today.

Dan went golfing, and I went out for a jog to start the day. I was fixing breakfast when Frank came in. I was pleasantly surprised--I wasn't expecting him for another hour yet.

I ate, then showered. Collected what I was going to take back to the lake, loaded the car, and we left. Dan wasn't back yet.

We stopped in Mt. Pleasant to say hello to Diane. I had to laugh, as I drove around and around looking for her building. Silly me--I was looking on the wrong side of the road!! (Ack--sure makes a person feel funny when you kind of recognize where you are....)

We finally got there. I intended to stay for only a few minutes, but she took us back to where the breastfeeding support staff were, and we got to talking about their handouts and such. I came away with some good stuff to take to our committee meeting. Thanks, Ladies!

From there Frank and I went on to Meijer. That was a little longer than intended, also, but we were finally on our way.

We arrived at the JC about 5:30. Jeremy had arrived earlier, and was at the GC; Dan had arrived about 20 minutes before we did.

We unloaded the car, and Frank had the groceries put away and dinner started while I was communicating with the GC. It wasn't long before Jeremy was coming back in the paddleboat, and T&KS were at the back door. We were eating grilled steaks, mashed potatoes, garden zucchini steamed, and corn on the cob by 6:30. Awesome!! Oh, yeah, I had put together a banana cream pie, too!

We enjoyed each other's company. Jeremy and Tom went out fishing, KS & I did dishes, and Frank and Dan did what they did. KS went on to her parents, and I watched it get dark in the 60 degree bug free zone.

It was a great evening.

Thank you God for letting us all be together.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.


No comments:

Post a Comment