Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sunday 08.07.2011 75th Gushen Family Reunion

A lovely day...

Frank arrived at my house, and we rode together to Imerman Park to gather and gab and grub. We had a wonderful day--low to mid 80's and a slight breeze that kept the pavilion from being stuffy. Not as good of a turn-out as one would think, being the 75th year and all. But there were a few family members that hadn't been in many years, as well as my uncle's wife, who flew in from Utah to visit. That was really nice. Renee had brought a photo album of Arthur, who is declining (rapidly?) in a care home out there. I appreciate the efforts. Thank you Renee.

We had a safe drive home, thank you God, and did not get into any of the weather that had been predicted.

We got the car unloaded and I divvied up the food between Frank and myself, cleaning up the kitchen again. We visited a bit before he continued on his way home.

And I've had a quiet evening. A couple phone calls, I wrote here, and I'll be off to bed for a workday tomorrow.

I'm feeling pretty good overall, just a little achey tonight. And some of these hot flashes have been intense. I'll sure be glad when my body temperature stabilizes.

Thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment