Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wednesday 07.20.2011

Another Hot and Humid day!

Amazing how long this weather is lasting.

I went out for a jog about 0800, but the sun was already getting hot. And there was not much of a breeze. I cooled off and had breakfast, and T & KS came by in the boat. We visited for a bit in the screen room, but moved indoors with the a/c.

They left; I went in the lake with a mask and fins and a floatie.

I love looking under the water. Lots of fish--I saw a school of sunfish, the largest was maybe 8 inches, if not bigger. Swimming on, I see fish beds, and -- what's that!?!?! A HUGE catfish!!

It must have been 2 feet long. I quietly floated above it, while it turned up and looked at me. I didn't know if it was going to come up and nudge me or not, and I moved my hand and it turned away. There was also another catfish with it that was maybe half it's size. It looked like they were hovering over their nest. (or bed, or whatever the term is)

Too cool.

I came in and looked for a snorkel, but didn't find one.

Frank had guests arriving tonight, so we went into Hale for groceries, and I picked up a child's mask/snorkel set. (all I need is an airway, right?) And, I discovered when wig shopping that I have a "petite" head, so I wasn't concerned that it is "child-sized".

And when I got home, the mask does fit me, as well as the snorkel. WooHoo!!

Frank's company arrived about 11:30. They are out enjoying the hot evening.

I just plain enjoy being here.

Thank you, God.

And thank you for reading. Hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment